This program supports Individuals with disabilities that are 16 years of age or older as well as individuals 60 years of age or older without a disability. Some of the benefits of this program include:
- An economical and nurturing home environment
- Companionship and care to support independence
- Monthly in-person visits with a Nurse and Social Worker
- 24 Hour Emergency Support
- Assistance with identifying other community resources
Can You Relate?
In the U.S. there are approximately 53 million caretakers that are not being paid for their role. Do you recognize your situation in the questions below?
- Are you currently caring for a friend of family member in your home?
- Are you an experienced and passionate caregiver exploring new caretaking opportunities?
- Do you have a private bedroom in your home that could be dedicated to a care recipient?
- Do you want to move in with someone to help take care of them in their own home?
- Are you currently in an LGBTQ+ relationship and caring for your partner?
Become a Caregiver
By becoming a caregiver, you bring happiness and a sense of security to someone in need. The reward of companionship and deep bonds of friendship often develop between a caregiver and those they are caring for. Our Care Management Staff will help create a safe space while supporting you in your caregiving role.
With this program we offer:
- One-on-one support to guide you through the application process
- Assistance identifying the right fit for matching a caregiver and person in need
- A tax-free monthly stipend for Caregivers
Want to hear more? Reach out to OCES today to investigate opportunities in the Adult Family Care Program. To enroll in the Adult Family Care Program you need to pass a CORI background check. Spouses and Legal Guardians are not eligible for this program. Contact OCES to discuss eligibility requirements.