Meals on Wheels
Meals on Wheels are home delivered meals that are brought to your door by a caring person from your community. Each visit provides a safety and wellness check while fighting food insecurity and malnutrition. OCES offers a variety of meals including:
- Medically Tailored Meals (low sodium, cardiac meals, etc)
- Seasonal and Holiday Meals throughout the year
- Access to Shelf Stable and Emergency Meals
Additional services offered only in the City of Brockton:
- Ethnic Meal Program
- Home Delivered Meals for individuals with a disability who are 18-59 years old
Community Dining is an opportunity for older adults and individuals with disabilities to come together at the local dining sites to engage with others in the community while enjoying a nutritionally balanced meal.
- Special Meals including BBQ's, A Traveling Chef, and Holiday Meals
- Grab and Go Meals may be offered
- Activities may be offered throughout the year
- Nutrition Education Presentations throughout the year
Nutrition Counseling and Dietitian Services
Through the Nutrition Program a Registered Dietitian is available to meet one-on-one or as a group to provide nutrition counseling and education. This is commonly used in assisting people with diabetes management, malnutrition (weight gain or loss issues), heart disease, and renal issues.
- In-home nutrition counseling to develop individualized Nutrition Plans
- Malnutrition Screenings, Education, and Solutions
- Public presentations and group workshops
View our news pages to check out monthly nutrition articles.